Successful monitoring, evaluation and research provides data and answers that translate directly into improved performance, increased accountability and ownership, and enhanced value for money. APIMER has proven track record, reputation and experience in design, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation in developing countries. APIMER’s experience spans across a wide range of sectors and countries. Our approaches have proven their effectiveness even in difficult environments.
APIMER takes pride in rigorous performance monitoring and quality assurance procedures that are in line with international standards. A key objective of our work is to ensure that data are used appropriately at multiple levels to drive decisions and interventions related to coverage, quality, effectiveness, and program efficiencies over time.
We have supported and built the capacity of many partners including donors, governments and national programs, private sector entities, NGOs and service delivery providers on issues of strategic performance monitoring and evaluation.
In addition to building monitoring and evaluation capacity, data quality and management, and data use, we provide partners with a wide range of tools and technical solutions. These include:
- Design and implement performance monitoring and quality assurance systems
- Provide technical advice to CBOs, NGOs, Donors on evaluation policies, guidelines and systems
- Conduct organization M&E capacity assessments for CBOs, NGOs and funding agencies
- Conduct M&E training for CBOs, NGOs and funding agencies on M&E principles and practices
- Conduct baseline exercises for newly initiated projects for CBOs, NGOs and funding agencies
- Conduct impact assessment for completed projects
- Conduct feasible studies on thematic issues for profit and non-profit making companies
- Conduct mid-term or end-of-project evaluation of projects or programs
- Develop, design web-based M&E systems and applications
- Design data collection tools for CBOs, NGOs and funding agencies
- Conduct or facilitate organizations Internal Review Mechanism
- Conduct Social and Scientific research, Surveillances on thematic Issues
- Conduct Anthropology studies
- Conduct Market Surveys and Researches for companies, NGOs
- Conduct Training on Research Methods CBOs, NGOs and funding agencies
- Conduct won or commissioned social or scientist researches or studies
- Develop stand-alone and integrated databases
- Document organization Project or program interventions (print or video)
- Coordinate M&E providers community of practice activities
- Facilitate processes on Reflective reviews for organizations
- Facilitate M&E information sharing and learning forums
- Facilitate recruitment of M&E personnel for organizations
- Design, Manager and Implement M&E projects for organizations such as DFAT, USAID, EU
- Train in CBOs, NGOs and funding agencies on Lot Quality Sampling and conduct LQAS
- Conduct trainings on and implement Participatory Rural Appraisal (PRA) exercises
- Conduct tailor-made training on-demand M&E courses clients g. GIS, Imaging,
- Conduct performance review or quality improvement programs for CBOs, NGOs
- Provide Statistical services e.g. questionnaire design, data mining, storage, analysis,
- Conduct trainings on Results-Based Monitoring for CBOs, NGOs, governments
- Develop policies for organization on M&E, IT, etc CBOs, NGOs, governments
SCOPE OF WORK
APIMER has local a, regional and global team of staff with wide experience, expertise and specialized competencies to conduct baselines, training, studies, researches assessments, documentation and evaluations on the following issues;
|Education (formal or informal)||Employment|
|Health, Hygiene& Nutrition||Youth (crime, drug abuse, education, employment)|
|HIV/AIDS (prevention, care & support)||Women (health, reproductive health,|
|Livelihood||Children (education, trafficking, health, etc)|
|Environment & Climate Change||Gender-based Violence|
|Farming, agriculture, Food Security||Micro-enterprise development, saving & credit|
|Mining||Financial Services and Institutions|
|Poverty||Water and Sanitation|
|Housing, Shelter & Accommodation||Sexual and Reproductive Health|
|Human diseases – Malaria, Cancer, TB||Physical Infrastructure development|
|Democracy, governance||Disaster, Relief and Rehabilitation, humanitarian|
|Human Rights (Children, Women and Disabled)||Natural Resources (forest, marine)|
Purposes of Monitoring and Evaluation
- Monitoring and Evaluation systems provide project implementers and stakeholders with regular information on progress relative to targets. This enables project implementers;
- Accountability: demonstrating to donors, taxpayers, beneficiaries and implementing partners that expenditure, actions and results are as agreed or can reasonably be expected in the situation.
- Operational management/Implementation: provision of the information needed to co-ordinate the human, financial and physical resources committed to the project or program, and to improve performance.
- Strategic management: provision of information to inform setting and adjustment of objectives and strategies.
- Capacity building: building the capacity, self-reliance and confidence of beneficiaries and implementing staff and partners to effectively initiate and implement development initiatives.
- Organizational learning and adaptive management.